Have you thought about remodeling your home, but not sure if it is worth it? As one of the top kitchen and bathroom remodel companies here in the Easy Bay, we know many reasons why our clients wanted to remodel their homes and exactly how they benefited from it.
The following are the Top 5 Reasons why they remodeled and how it might benefit you.
5 Reasons Why to Remodel Your Home
1. Remodeling Adds Value to Your Home
Remodeling adds value to your home even if you don’t plan to move out anytime soon. Upgraded features can significantly increase the overall value of your home, but perhaps more importantly, your home will become an even better place to live in the meantime. The last 2 years have definitely given us all a clearer sense of what works well and what does not when you are home day after day.
The following are simple things that you and your family can enjoy the features of that can improve your home without sacrificing any future resale value.
• Remodeling an attic space
• Installing new windows or doors
• Incorporating energy-efficient features that lower utility costs and reduce carbon footprint.
• Creating a warm and enjoyable oasis for entertaining friends and family or just an extra room to relax.
2. The Benefits of Home Remodeling: Customizing Your Home
We all have a dream home in mind. Maybe it’s the one we grew up in, saw on TV or something we found in a magazine. Whatever it is, there’s no reason you can’t remodel to better suit your needs and taste.
Remodeling an older home can give you the space and functionality of a newer home. The renovation process can transform your entire house and update your living space.
A home remodeling company can take your ideas and plans into reality. If you want a gourmet kitchen, spa-like bathroom, or any other type of upgrade, house remodeling is the way to get it.
Maybe your house has all the basics, but does it fit who you are? Your home renovation project could turn a basic house into a home that fits your personal style. Anything’s possible.
When it comes to customizing your house to fit your lifestyle, consider the following benefits of remodeling the house:
• By changing the layout of a room with house renovations, you can customize how you utilize space.
• Using light fixtures in the perfect spot will change any ambiance or mood you want for that particular part of your home.
• A fireplace in your living room will add a focal point and cozy feel to any space and add benefits for warmth during colder winter nights.
• Building an addition will provide benefits for extra square footage and make use of underused space.
• Add a lazy Susan to that awkward corner cabinet for easier access to all of your dishes without moving them around.
• Get rid of the off-brand appliances and update with some stainless steel as well as built-in microwaves!
By adding spaces that are important to you, or taking away spaces that are no longer serving a purpose, remodeling can be a way of truly customizing it to better fit your needs.
3. Remodel Your House to Work for You
Over time, the way we use our home changes and trends in home design change too. Families grow, or sometimes become smaller. What worked for your family 20 years ago might not work now. If you have a growing family or find that your home doesn’t work as well as it used to, remodeling might be the answer.
Don’t force your family to work around the house – make your home work for you and your family! Whether you need a bathroom remodel to accommodate those busy mornings, or your floor plan makes it crowded when company arrives, remodeling the house allows you to configure every room in your home to fit your needs.
A home remodeling company can assess how you use your home and help you come up with a plan to make it more functional. For example, if you entertain often, they might suggest an open floor plan or a larger kitchen. If you have young children, perhaps a bathroom remodel will make it more child-friendly. Whatever your needs, a remodeling contractor can help you find the solutions you need.
There are many other benefits of remodeling your home as well:
• You can finally get that custom closet or storage space you’ve always wanted by remodeling your home.
• Add an island to the kitchen for extra counter space and storage.
• Open up the floor plan with a kitchen remodel to make entertaining guests easier.
• Put in a patio door to have easy access to the backyard.
• Enclose a porch to turn it into a playroom, study or den.
• Move the laundry room to the main level if you don’t want to go up and downstairs with laundry baskets.
• Turn an unused room into a home gym!
A remodeled house is a house that works for you – not against you. And when your home works for you, your life is much easier.
4. Upgrade by Remodeling an Older Home
There’s nothing quite like the charm of an older home, but that doesn’t mean you have to live exactly as they did back when your house was built! A remodel can replace outdated appliances and fixtures with new, energy-efficient models and replace that questionable shag carpet with new hardwood floors!
The benefits of home remodeling for older houses:
• Your home is more energy efficient
• You can modernize your appliances and fixtures
• It will save you money on the electric bill
• You can install new hardwood flooring
• You can update the layout of your home for a more open feel
• Your home will have increased curb appeal
• It’s good to do so before selling!
Remodeling an older home presents the opportunity to make it your own while keeping the character and charm that made you fall in love with it in the first place. And with the bonus of increased energy efficiency, you can remodel your home while also saving money on energy costs.
Here are some of the ways you can upgrade your home while still maintaining its original charm:
• Install new energy-efficient windows.
• Replace an old, inefficient furnace or air conditioner.
• Add insulation to the attic or crawl spaces.
• Update light fixtures and outlets.
• Replace old plumbing fixtures in the kitchen and bathrooms.
• Install a new roof.
• Paint the exterior and update the landscaping.
5. Why Remodel a Home? You Can Reduce Your Maintenance and Utility Costs!
The cost of home remodeling is well worth it when it saves you money in the long run. Remodeling your home with updated fixtures and finishes can lead to more considerable savings down the road.
It’s essential to replace or repair your roof before a small leak becomes a big problem or update your windows for energy efficiency. You will benefit from a practical home remodel, but you can also save money from modern upgrades.